Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sewing can be noisy

When I was a kid, I remember falling asleep on the floor of my dad's den surrounded by rubik's snakes, slinkies, and Lego. He would be tinkering around with his 386, unscrewing this, and overclocking that. Clicks and beeps were my sure way to sleep.

Years later, in high school, my mom retired and began sewing gift bags and quilts late into the night. Her crafting room was adjacent to my bedroom, so I would hear the murmur of the television and the rhythm of her Singer. Sometimes I couldn't sleep if she wasn't nearby or I couldn't see the sliver of light beneath the door.

Fast-forward 10 years (haha, it's reunion year, so it really has been that long). I have my own little girl to play at my feet while I work. The only difference is she needs silence to sleep. When she goes down for the night, so does my sewing machine.






In other news: Happy Birthday to my father-in-law, 71, today!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, so precious!

    http://www.hsquaredfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete