Saturday, April 2, 2011

Before our Ella

Ryan and I have known each other for over 10 years, and we seemed like such different people a decade ago.

Obviously, we had no financial obligations, no [real] job, no responsibilities. Yet, those years always seemed to be the hardest. We went to school, went drinking, traveled, etc... and I seem to remember not liking those years.

Now, we've got Ella, a house, mortgage, full-time jobs, and numerous obligations. These days fly by so quickly, I feel like I don't have time to enjoy them.

Sometime between these two periods, Ryan and I got married. I have to admit, when I recount those few months, time stood still.


















Maybe there is something good about this blogging thing. I never was one to keep a journal -- mainly I never saw a point. My understanding was that it was word vomit, to just get everything out of your head -- at least how my mom did it. I didn't get what she wrote in there, or why. But doing it this way, typing it out, proof-reading it, and revising it. I'm starting to notice things that just don't seem to add up, and recognizing it, I might just do something about it:

I don't want to look back at this time and think how unhappy I was, or how too quickly it passed. I want to remember it being joyful, timeless, and how much I wouldn't want to change a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment