Sunday, November 18, 2012

Stroller canopy

We may buy the most expensive stuff, but sometimes it's worth it. When my husband (then, boyfriend) and I took his niece to the zoo, we pushed her around in her red Chicco stroller. We really did NOT like it. We're both on the taller side, but we weren't able to adjust the handlebar. We both ended that day with sore knees.

When it was time to get a stroller for Ella, we shopped around and found the Bugaboo had the best push and navigation. It was pricey for a stroller, and of course we wanted the limited edition (black frame), so it was even more expensive. What can I say? We want what we want, practical or not.

Anyway, with the second one on the way, it felt like such a waste to buy a whole new stroller (although we did end up getting the City Select stroller for its tandem capability), and I wanted to use the Bugaboo again.

The timing was amazing, I saw the tutorial on Honey & Fitz to make it yourself! I wasn't about to dish out a couple bills for a new canopy, and I love the idea of sewing it myself. It took me a few months, but I finally got around to it and finished it!

Here are some before and after shots:










No comments:

Post a Comment