Monday, November 26, 2012

So girly?

Before I had any kids, my biggest fear was that I wouldn't know how to raise them. First of all, I didn't have a "mother" that would doll up, get mani-pedis, or teach me how to shave. Second, I was a tomboy. I could throw a football better than most boys in my elementary and I was always first of the girls picked for team games.

When I had my daughter, I panicked. I don't know what to do with a girl?! I don't even have spa days with my 'girlfriends'. We watched lame tv and sat around the kitchen munching on junk food.

To at least have done it, if my daughter ever asked, I started being, "girly". Got a pedicure, gel manicure, and even got a Brazilian (wax). It was so weird for me, doing it alone. Most people getting these services were with gal pals or tweens going with their moms and getting the lite-version.

At least now that I've done it, I won't feel so embarrassed if Ella ever asks me lady-questions. Although, I will tell her a good epilator is way better than shaving.




But something tells me, she's already more girly than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment