Sunday, December 2, 2012

Wet hair

This pregnancy has been tough on my hair. Last time, I had gorgeous healthy hair with minimal care. I could do no harm.

This time, it's so sensitive, even drying on the no-heat setting leaves the tips fried and frizzy. I even have to wash it everyday because my scalp feels so greasy and gritty. Basically I'm stuck waiting hours for it to dry.

I have a Twisty Towel, to keep my hair out of the way while I dries, but man that thing has seen better times. I quickly made one to replace it!

Using the old one as a template, I cut out 1/4" seam allowance on the finished edge of a towel folded in half lengthwise (after summer, Target has beach towels for like 5 bucks). I tucked in a small piece of elastic on the mouth end of the whale-shaped cutout. Serged the cut side together and that's it!




The whale mouth goes at the base of the neck and the tail wraps around the length of your hair toward the top of your head, then twists back down and is secured with the elastic.




So easy and cheap to make. No need to spend $15 for 2! A $5 sale towel makes 2 quickly, and you can easily arrange the scraps to make a third.

Quick and easy Christmas gift? Definitely!

No comments:

Post a Comment