Friday, October 5, 2012

Daddies want to match their daughters, too!

Ghostbusters is Ryan's all-time favorite movie. It is to him what Star Wars was to people born in the 60s/70s. He was so bummed when BAPE discontinued their Ghostbusters themed apparel before we even found out about the line.

Back in 2007, we went to Vegas as part of an annual trip we take with our friends. There, he proposed and bought 3 of these shirts from Anchor Blue.


It glows in the dark!

I didn't want to be left out, so I got one for myself. Did I mention it glows in the dark? Makes for a horrible pajama shirt when you glow. It went into my junk shirt pile.

Since realizing I am approaching my third trimester (oops, did I fail to mention that this is my renewed motivation for blogging again?), I've also come to acknowledge I will be losing crafting space in a few months. So, I've been trying to catch up on all things crafty.

I've finished this year's Christmas gifts, sewed a hospital gown, toddler nap mat sheets, a pillow case, a blanket, stuffed plush toys, I've been quite busy, though you probably would never guess from my blog.  But since I've been so busy crafting, I actually went on another fabric spree and chose some knits and flannels to make pjs for Ella.  Since I wasn't about to practice on nice yardage: I raided my junk shirt pile to do a test run.



I used Dana's 90-minute shirt tutorial. This is an excellent title by the way! I'm still a novice sewer and even with drafting the pattern and not having a serger, I was able to whack this out in an hour and a half. Seam-ripping apart the onesie for the pattern guide actually took longer (don't ask why I didn't just cut the darn thing).

Ella was so proud to wear a shirt that had the same picture as daddy's. She's his little princess and he's totally wrapped around her littlest finger.


No comments:

Post a Comment