Monday, August 15, 2011

Lazy appliqué

A day after I made the burp cloths, I thought it needed a little something more. I went back to the invitation for some inspiration. Ok, so it's not the best picture, I had to upload it, then I had to blur some of the details, then yah, it just wasn't working out for me. Oh well. You get the gist of the invitation.


Since there was an obvious theme, music, I wanted to tie in our gift in some way! So I cut out felt shapes to decorate the burp cloths. I couldn't really remember what music notes looked like, so I had to google image them. I picked out a treble clef, bass clef, and an eighth note. I hand cut the designs using the printouts as templates. Then sewed them on to the burp cloths. I made sure there wouldn't be any loose parts that could cause a choking hazard, and each section is double sewed on. I even used white thread in the bobbin to make it less obvious!


I think it came out pretty cute. I totally customized!

No comments:

Post a Comment