Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Diaper Pocket Carry-all

"What? More?" you say? Yes, what's wrong with a little ambitiousness? Sometimes. I've got a few more tricks up my sleeve, too!

I still had lots of fabric left over, so I made a tote to carry around some diapers, wipes, and maybe a disposable changing pad, and a tube of petroleum jelly.

I followed the tutorial from Noodlehead. It was really easy. Of course I had to make up my own measurements since I had different sizes of scraps. Instead of linen, I used a type of basketweave cloth. it makes it kinda earthy.


I also added a tab at the back where the closure is, so that it could be hung from one of those mommyhooks on a stroller (we use ours a lot --my purse-- and it was on their registry and so we bought it). A perfect pouch to take in a quick walk around the mall when you don't want to lug around a huge diaper bag.*

*Yes, I was one of those moms that thought I needed a spacious diaper bag to carry everything. You never know when you need a bandaid, or a nursing cover, or an extra shirt, or disposable changing pads, or scenty soiled diaper bags, etc. Then I realized you just need a couple of diapers, some wipes, and a sippy cup of water and you're good. You could probably do without anything and you'd be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment