Monday, July 25, 2011

Weekends are for catching up

Just when I thought things were slowing down and I could get back to crafting (and consequently, blogging), life hands me a coupon for lemons. Wait, no, that's not right.

It seems that I get busy for spurts at a time, then nothing. And even when nothing, there's always the possibility of something. Last week, was going to be a week of crafting and cooking. Unfortunately, in order to do the crafting, I needed a few supplies (which is extremely hard to come by, in Hawaii). On search for said supplies resulted in take-out dinners (no cooking), so no blogging.

Finally, this past weekend, I was able to make a trip to Kaimuki Dry Goods to pick up fabric and notions for the projects I planned to work on, but by the time all the errands were run, the day was done. Then Sunday, my last day planned for projects, quickly became a fun-in-the-sun, pool day.

Of course errands don't necessarily need to get done. We didn't have to have a pool day. Lots of things could have been passed to allow for some intense crafting. BUT, blogger, crafter, and chef will always come second to my number one title: mother. Ella may never remember the fun times we're having, but I will and I am truly enjoying this time with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment