Friday, July 8, 2011

Oops! I did it again.

I neglected my blog. Luckily, I haven't neglected my readers -- as I haven't any. This blogging this is very difficult, as with any resolution, and if you don't stick with it, it's very easy to simply forget.

Just because I haven't blogged in a few weeks, doesn't mean that I'm not reading my favorite blogs. Multiple times a day, I whip out my iPhone and pull up Google Reader to maintain my pseudo-lurker status. I only say pseudo because I'm actually following all of the Blogger (soon to be Google Blogs) based sites. So it's not like I'm a full on lurker, reading all about these people and they have no idea.

I have been noticing that like me, many of my favorite blogs have reduced their postings. Except they come up with excuses like medical emergencies, tragedies, and spending the summer with family. Then suddenly it's like they're on hiatus rather than neglecting their blogs. Stop making excuses, there is more to life than blogging and your following, so just admit it and move on. I won't delete you from my feed because you don't post. I added you because I enjoy what you do post and I want to be in the know for when the next one comes out.

Another thing that I've noticed, is the sudden popularity of Pinterest. I saw this a while back, (I'm talking like years) when it was in it's early stages, and I didn't care for it. It seems that the world of bloggers that like to craft have suddenly found it and that's all they post about. Don't get me wrong, some bloggers are still true to their series and tutorials, but others. Sigh -- I don't give a damn about the things you find on Pinterest. You make like you spend so much time finding the most interesting, creative, and trending things when you're basically just reposting what someone else found and creating wasted space in my feed. Now that is a reason to delete you from my feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment