Monday, June 13, 2011

Nailed it

This weekend, I tried the Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips in 240 Check It Out.


It's neat, it smells like nail polish but looks and feels like stickers. The steps are really simple:
1) push back your cuticles
2) shape and buff your nails
3) clean off nails with a solvent
4) apply nail strip
5) shape off the excess

I did mess up on the first one. I was a little rough and the strip tore. It easily peeled off and I could salvage the other end, since the strips are so long.


The only thing really challenging about this pattern is that it's directional. If you don't line them up, it'd give a funny parquet.

I love how once you apply it, there's no dry time necessary and smudging isn't an issue.


It's not as tacky and uncomfortable like stick-on nails. You don't have to worry about adhesive remnants as this comes off with nail polish remover.

Check out the website to see other patterns and the line of solid colors! I definitely would use these again, but I hope I don't run into the problem everyone else seems to be having-- stores being out of stock!

No comments:

Post a Comment