Friday, October 28, 2011

I love fabric

Have I mentioned how hard it is to get anything in Hawaii?  You might think I'm kidding, but unless you live here, you really don't know.  By now, most people are educated in the fact that we are a part of the US (and a state) and don't surf to work at our normal non-hula related jobs.  Many people have even visited Hawaii and realized, yes, we have traffic signals, ATMs and shopping malls.  What are we? Natives?! 

Anyway, we may be on par with the rest of the country -- with Whole Foods, Target, Victoria Secret, and Bath & Body Works, but we still don't have IKEA (no fabric and quick furniture) and we still don't have a really good craft store.  We have Ben Franklin, which carries the bulk of all crafting necessities, but it comes at a steep price.  We have fabric stores like Kaimuki Dry Goods and FabricMart, but they rarely get the new releases I see popping up in blogland and usually focus mainly on Hawaiian prints.  Honestly, most of my craft supply is obtained from WalMart.  I kid you not.

Thankfully, the invent and rise of the Internet has made shopping MUCH easier!  Last month, Ryan let me go on a fabric spree (what can I say, lots of sales and free shipping is an easy sell).  



Sarah Jane - Children at Play, Playtime - Fat Quarter Bundle




Michael Miller - Play Dot and Zoology in Sea - Yardage




David Textiles - Hello Kitty - Fat Quarter Bundle




Zoe Pearn Designs - Alphabet Soup Girl - Yardage


No comments:

Post a Comment