Sunday, September 4, 2011

Finished: Knit top for munch

So I ended up finishing Ella's top.  I may add a few more embellishments by the time I wanted to have us sport these cutie-matching tops. 

I was thinking off adding a faux button and strip to help stabilize the folds in the sleeves, or I could just add a button where I want to tack it down.  We'll see.  I might have to make some buttons!




If you noticed, there's a bit more added to the top than what was described in my cutting session.  As I was piecing her top together, I realized it would be a little dinky and considering it has a super nice hem (thanks to the finished edge of the sheet) a frayed and weak neckline wouldn't look very nice.  So I added a facing at the top.  I can't remember where I read it, but it was of someone saying don't leave out the facing.  It helps maintain structure over the life of the garment and gives clothing a polished look, even after numerous washings.



Don't make fun of my low quality pictures from my phone! You haven't complained yet. But then again, I always try to use natural light. Something about these CFL's make it so difficult to get decent shots at night. Blogging and crafting is hard enough! No way am I going to add photography to my list of goals.

2 comments:

  1. These are adorable! I wish I had more time to sew. Thanks so much for stopping by during The Twinery's Design Team Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're wonderful! I am loving purple for Fall!

    ReplyDelete